Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cook.Write. Change.

I have been looking for a way to get inspired since my break up. Yeah, I know I haven't written about it and frankly I don't think I am ready to write about it right now. But like most people, after a crappy break up, you start to wonder what the hell is wrong with you. I decided that I needed to go on my own personal journey...my own eat, pray, love so to speak...only mine is called Cook, Write, Change. I have always loved to cook and really use it as a way to express my love for people. What am I going to cook? I don't know. With countless cookbooks, I am sure I can find something. And it has to be a recipe it can't be something I just whip up. That is too easy for me. Way too easy. I need to learn the patience and gratification of following a recipe. That sometimes it is perfect exactly as it is. I plan to document my cooking here on the blog with recipes, pics and video if possible.

Ok, so that takes care of Cook...now what about write? Well, I write two columns a month, I am a student. I blog AND I journal. A lot of writing. But, how can I really challenge myself? I found it  here.

 These 62 questions I will answer on my blog. Even the super personal ones. No holding back. I am not sure how often I will answer them, but this will certainly be a challenge.

Now we are onto Change. Change what? I want to change everything. The world. Myself. My community. My hair. Whatever it is, I want change. Why? Because the fear of change stifles. It is the worst kind of drug. And frankly, I have been mainlining it for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment