Monday, August 27, 2012

50 Shades of Bullshit: Women, Paul Ryan and Choice

I am really good at getting worked up about things that I am passionate about. I start getting even more verbose than usual and I summon every bit of energy in my 5'3" body and practically start wielding a rolling pin ready to beat ANYTHING. It can be exhausting. But today was a different story. Today this story came way and I became so incensed and so furious that I knew I had to say something.

So, rape is just another method of conception?

Hmm, let me see. The word "method" is actually defined as:

a procedure, technique, or way of doing something,especially in accordance with a definite plan


So, yeah, I am guessing rape can be a method of conception, FOR THE FUCKING RAPIST. 

Where is the survivor in all of this logic? Oh wait, that would require that Paul Ryan be logical and/or make sense. Neither of which seems to be the case.

I need to calm down for just a second, sip my coffee and breathe before I go on. 


So, all of this is about abortion? Being so pro-life that forcing women to carry to term a ill-gotten, unwanted child is qualified and validated. I don't think so. Am I making sense? Probably not. But I will, give me a second.

I want to avoid all the obvious arguments for being pro-choice because, frankly, if you are reading this and pro-life a la Ryan, I am not going to change your mind. If you are pro-choice, you have made all of those arguments for yourself and so that seems moot to preach to the choir. 

I would like to tell you what disgusts me.

It disgusts me that the Romney/Ryan ticket are throwing conservative Mardi Gras beads and women are going out of their way to flash their tits for them. Get a life. Get a clue. You don't think about the world outside of your subdivision and golden retriever (no offense to Golden owners who are not idiots). 

The ramifications of taking away of a woman's right to choose what is best for her body, is BIGGER THAN MICHELE BACHMANN'S HAIR.

It is, in my opinion, our nation's version of female circumcision. If you have no idea what female circumcision is, all I have to say is that Google is your friend and you should consult her about it. In effect when certain societies do ritualistic female circumcision, it robs women of their body, it takes away her ability to enjoy sex,  it is dehumanizing and horrific to hear the screams of the girls being robbed of their bodies. It is a decision imposed on them by the men of their tribes and the women, remembering their own experiences grieve for their daughters but do not know how to stop it. 

WOMEN WHO SUPPORT THIS TICKET, THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING. ROBBING YOU, YOUR DAUGHTERS AND YOUR MOTHERS OF THEIR BODIES. SHAME ON YOU.

You can be pro-life for your own life. I get it. Quit fucking assuming that Pro-Choice means PRO ABORTION! KILL THE FETUS! It means, I GET TO FUCKING CHOOSE AND GUESS WHAT, IT MEANS YOU DO TOO! YOU GET TO CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE ONE!!! 

It is that fucking simple. Just a sec, I need to put the rolling pin down, the barista looks scared.


Ok, so back to the rambling.




Taking away the ownership of my body is unacceptable. Is all about desexualizing women? 

I don't get it. We cannot make decisions for ourselves but when raped we need to let the capes fall out of our Super Snatch's and force our body to reject the bad seed? How does this even make sense?

 It doesn't. Not in my world. 

I am tired of the shame and humiliation that is forced on women over this issue. There always seems to be someone willing to talk about how getting an abortion ruined their life and that is why we should ban them.

So, I am going to find someone whose life wasn't ruined by getting an abortion. OH WAIT.

My name is Amy Merchant. I had an abortion in 1994. It didn't ruin my life. It made me sad for awhile. It made me reevaluate my decisions. It made appreciate my mom. It made me take responsibility for my sexuality. It made me understand consequence. It made me grateful for choice.






No comments:

Post a Comment