Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Whitney Houston, Menses and canned meat.

As I sit here to type,  I am doing desk drag. I am lip syncing for my life to Whitney Houston.  And let me tell you, I am good. And before you even ask, it is pre-crack Whitney. I was raised right.

So I would be remiss in the whole Reinvention of Amy if I did not share everything  I can about the process. Turns out while Wellbutrin helps me to cut back on smoking it makes my periods miserable. I mean fucking miserable. I want to lay in bed like Norma Desmond and tell everyone I am dying and have everyone visit me on my death bed. This is really not any different from my normal dramatic episodes but this time when everyone comes to see me I need chocolate.

I was eating Corned Beef Hash out of the can yesterday (strange for a foodie, I know) and my mom said

"you know who loves corned beef hash?"
"Who?"
"Your grandfather"
"He does enjoy canned meat"

Then I realized later that i was craving spam musabi. I too am a lover of canned meat.

5 comments:

  1. I love your streams of consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tales of desk drag, menses and canned meat leave me wanting more. Frankly, you had me at menses in the title. Art anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love that you are so honest and how open you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a best friend of 400 years, I've just about everything about menses, at least, about yours. This has no effect on me, now.

    I, too, am a lover of the variety of meat-in-a-can products. I think potted meat is one of my absolute favorites.

    ReplyDelete